It’s funny, I always get this question… Where do I start when it comes to creating an online presence?
Times have changed which means it’s time to change how you reach clients.
The day of dinner seminars offering a steak for time is coming to an end. You need a web presence. You need to start building a tribe!
I don’t want to spend too much time on why you need a blog you can check out that by going to my post “3 Reasons why you need to have a blog”.
Well here is the golden ticket! (not really)
If you don’t like this layout, there are a million and one videos just like this one on Youtube. Just search “step by step WordPress site”. Advisors spend too much time worrying about what it looks like instead of focusing on making good solid content.
And there is the next question… How do I create good solid content?
We are all scared of these two things…WRITER’S BlOCK and creating AMAZING content that works!
Easy…works just like this good idea, GREAT headline, SOLID content, and an ok layout. Easier said than done, I get it so let’s go down this step by step.
You can go to any site or google great topics but if you want the honest truth.
Go to your clients!
You as a financial advisor get peppered with questions day in and day out. If one of your clients has that questions you can bet your ass 100 other prospects have that same question.
Using this should always give you something to write about.
Every great blog post has a headline that is engaging and wants to pull you in. Take a headline like “how do Annuities work”.
Does this draw you in? Is this something you would click on? Take a page from Jason’s work
If you labeled it “Is the Jackson AscenderPlus Select Annuity the right Annuity?” or “Here is a Method That is Helping the Wealthy to save on Taxes.”
Both of theses headlines have two different goals. What do I mean by that?
The first one is designed to bring in someone who has already done the shopping. The only reason someone would google that Jackson AscenderPlus Select Annuity is because they are 80% sold on that product they just need justification before making that decision.
If we think about the second topic, what kind of person would care what the wealthy are doing with their money?
Here are some FREE samples of good headline starters.
Social Proof Headlines
- Here is a Method That is Helping [world-class example] to [blank]
- [blank] Hacking With [world-class example]
- Savvy|Smart|Sexy People Do XYZ
- Why I [blank] (And Maybe You Should Too)
- [Do something] like [world-class example]
- The [desired result] That [world-class example] Is Talking About
- Join [impressive number] of Your Peers that [take the desired action]
- [desired result] Like A [desired group or person]
- How [impressive number] Got [desired result] in [time period]
- Like [world-class example] You Can [desired result]
- Do You Recognize the [number] Early Warning Signs of [blank]?
- If You Don’t [blank] Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
- I’ve Lied to You for [time period] Now
- The Biggest Lie In [your industry]
- X Shocking Mistakes Killing Your [blank]
- Don’t Try [blank] Without [desired action] First
- [blank] May Be Dangerous To [something precious]
- [blank] May Be Causing You To Lose Out On [desired result]
- At Last, The Secret To [desired result] Is Revealed
- The [blank] Risk Hiding In Your [blank]
- Where [desired result] Is And How To Get It
- Discover The [desired result] Secret
- [blank] Your Way To A [desired result] You
- To People That Want To [desired result] But Can’t Get Started
- You, a [desired result]
- Stop [undesired result]
- You Too Can [desired result] in [time period] with [blank]
- How To Become [desired result] When You [something challenging]
- There’s Big [desired result] In [blank]
- You Don’t Have to Be [something challenging] to be [desired result]
Great content is on you…but you need to write with confidence and it needs to sound like a discussion, not a term paper.
You want to consider the whole blog post like a tunnel that just keeps getting smaller. To get the reader from one end of the tunnel to the other end of the tunnel you need to add lubricant.
This is the one opportunity to get that reader engaged, draw them in, keep them guessing on what is coming next and always keep them wondering did I miss out on anything.
The last 3 things you should always place in a blog post…
- Is some sort of opt-in! After reading a blog you want to give that client a way to give you their contact information. Why else would you be writing this blog?
- A way for them to share your blog. Whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
- Comments section. Keep this space big. It’s funny how the mind works, if you leave a small white space most people think that’s it and they can’t place anymore but if you leave a big white space they will tell you their life.
I hope this encourages you to take the steps into your online journey and adds a little bit of comfort. I did go into this in further detail on my site at the virtualadvisorblog.com the direct link to this is http://thevirtualadvisorblog.com/create-amazing-content-that-works/